Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's Been A While

I'm done with exams, done with the craziest semester so far! Now I can get back to the things I love doing. Not that I haven't been doing the things I love all this time, it's just that I hope to do a lot more of it now. Sorry about the lack of updates the past month and a half. There will be regular updates here from now on, so you can visit often. You just love reading my posts, don't you?

I started writing a post about how the technical fest (if you're saying "What technical fest??", scroll down a bit) went earlier, but never finished it. I thought of finishing it today, then I realised you're probably not interested in reading about it anyway. One, because it's really old news. Two, why the hell do you care how our technical fest went? But since I spent some of my precious time during exams writing it, I won't let all that unfinished stuff go to waste. So here's the post in all its finished glory -


Ciencia '06




The response we got in such a short time was really good! I was surprised because the posters weren't put up in colleges early enough for people to actually notice it. Oh well, I guess the generous prize money helps you take notice of things. The attendence was very good the first day. Everything went off as planned. But then there was this very interesting talk on Security in the evening - it was so interesting that by the time the guy was done talking, there were about 3 rows of people left in the entire auditorium. Two rows out of the three were the lecturers - they unfortunately didn't have the luxury of leaving and were all trying hard to keep their eyes open. Well, now they know how hard it is for us to sit in some of their classes. The guy was really qualified, god knows why he talked about stuff even a school kid would know.



So anyway, after a very exciting close to the first day of the fest, we were almost certain no sane peron would show up the next day. And that was what happened. Nobody showed up the next day except the lecturers, the organisers and the people who were going to get prizes - they wouldn't miss collecting all that good money, would they? Too bad, because they all missed an excellent talk (no sarcasm here) on Entrepreneurship Skills by Mr. Neil Gogte of Leapstone Technologies. Oh and of course I was there because I was the unofficial official photographer covering the event (didn't take up the responsibility by choice in case you were wondering) since the official guy never showed up (intelligent fellow). So as a result, there are some cool pics of the event which you can see above.

5 comments:

Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

unofficial official photographer. cool :-)

i wish the photos where a bit bigger. :-(

Anonymous said...

unofficial official photographer. cool :-)

i wish the photos where a bit bigger. :-(

Anonymous said...

whoa, double posts. :-(
btw, that those two where me, pablo

Varun Abhiram said...

Poo -- Thanku Thanku

Pablo -- Yeah I know... will mail ya some. Hmmm I was thinking of deleting the duplicate comment... but I like more comments :P